Saturday, June 19, 2010

Random comments

Well it's once again been a long time since I posted anything on my blog. I hope my many fans will excuse me as I have been a very busy person over the past few months.

Looking over the news it looks like it's been all oil spill all the time for the past two months which really makes me thankful for my current situation witch allows for a limited intake of the national news media. We as Americans seemingly always need something to cry fowl over or to create drama. We are addicted to it and the news media lives off it and we as the gullible classless droolbots that we are lap it up and move from one "crisis" to the next. In the mean time the real world faces much bigger challenges.

In Krygystan I must say that I am surprised by the violence and chaos that has erupted in the southern part of the nation following the overthrow of Bakilev's(sp?) government which was replaced not by a dictator, but by a caretaker government that is busy drafting a new constitution and which hopes to hold elections sometime next year. I say I am surprised because the coup itself came and went rather quickly without much opposition in Bishkek. With that in hand I felt there maybe some opposition but figured that it would be disorganized and that it would go away quickly. It seems not though, in the south where there is a significant amount of Uzbek citizens, Krygs who had been supporters of Bakilev targeted the Uzbeks and have been systematically attacking and killing what appears now to be a couple thousand people and quickly creating a crisis in central asia. The interim government has failed to establish security in the south and has requested Russian military assistance, which the Russians have declined. How amazing it is that a group of people could live together for so long, be each others neighbor and than so quickly turn on one another for really nothing. Frankly it's just another situation that makes me shake my head at the callous and selfish nature of mankind.

That's about it for now, will post more later.

-Zach

No comments:

Post a Comment