Friday, December 28, 2012

NY Newspaper publishes names of gun owners

A newspaper is "naming names" of all those who own firearms and where they live in two counties, so far, in New York.

I guess openly creating a list and seeking to turn neighbor against neighbor is "cool" again.  This is especially amusing considering how much the liberals despise Senator Joseph McCarthy for his investigations into citizens for unamerican activities and ties to communism.

I can't speak for all gun owners, but I can say I have no issue with my name and location being published and it being known that I am a gun owner.  I think the more it's known I keep a gun where I live, the less likely it will be that I'm targeted by criminals or would be thugs.

A blogger has responded though, and published the home locations for the editors and journalists responsible for this as well. What's good for the goose I guess.
.......................................
Thousands of critics – including some journalism professionals – have weighed in. And at least one blogger has retaliated by publishing the names and addresses of editors and executives at the Journal News, the publication headquartered in White Plains, N.Y., north of New York City and part of the Gannett organization.
Still, the Journal News is not backing down. Editors say they’ll publish information on handgun owners in a third county (Putnam) once county officials have responded to the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request that resulted in tens of thousands of names and addresses in Westchester and Rockland Counties.
http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2012/1227/Gun-owner-map-ricochet-Blogger-publishes-journalists-personal-data?nav=87-frontpage-entryNineItem

No comments:

Post a Comment